Saturday 23rd September 2017

History of Clynnog & Trefor (Moto Coch)

 

Old Clynnog and Trefor Bus

By 1912 such was the demand for a local bus service from Pwllheli to Caernarfon that a new limited company was formed and called “Clynnog & Trefor.”  Known locally as “Moto Coch” (Red Bus) the company was funded by the sale of 10,000 50p shares.

 

A board of directors was set up to run the company and the first comer bus was purchased. Gradually the company grew and diversified to school runs and eventually private hire in and around the North Wales area.

 

Shopping trips to Liverpool, Manchester and other venues became popular and as more and better coaches were purchased the further a field they travelled. To this day the Company still runs part of the local service route and operates 20 school runs.

 

Old picture of a Clynnog and Trefor bus